Thursday, July 31, 2014

It's All About the H2O: Let's Spice It Up


Imagine this:  One of the cheapest things on the planet can increase your energy levels, make it easier to concentrate, and make your body feel a heck of a lot better.



I drink water all day long, there's always a water bottle just waiting for me to drink it right beside me.  Even if you don't drink water all day long (have you not been listening), there are 5 times a day when drinking water can increase the effectiveness of the human body.  Remember, improvement is all about small, consistent habits.  You just never know where it could lead.



Okay, so by now, hopefully you're saying to yourself, "I'm going to do this!  I am going to drink more water!".  But, how much water should you be drinking?   It's seriously based on your body weight.  But you really should add another 8 oz. of water to your day for every 30 minutes of exercise.  (You are getting at least 30 minutes of exercise every day, right?)


I know what you're thinking.  Water is boring.  I hear ya.  I've never been a big fan of plain old water.  But, we need it, right?  What's a girl to do?  Spice it up of course.  Here are a few  ideas for you:

My favorite: 1 gallon water, 1 cucumber, sliced, 2 lemons sliced, and mint leaves.  
Toss it all in a pitcher, and let it infuse over night.  

1 Gallon of water Mixed with any of the following:
2 Limes, quartered, 2 cups raspberries
1 cup strawberries, 1 cup blueberries, 2 kiwi fruits, diced
2 sliced lemons, 2 sliced limes
1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup raspberries, 1/2 cup blackberries
Let sit for at least an hour, but overnight is better.

How many ounces of water are you going to drink today?  Go ahead, impress me!




No comments:

Post a Comment