Sunday, July 27, 2014

Spotlight on: Hypothyroidism

As I get ready to begin radiation treatment in August, I am focusing on being proactive about the side effects that could enter into the picture in the years following treatment.  Because of the areas being radiated, thyroid conditions are a good possibility and are something that will be closely monitored, probably for the rest of my life.  


I was happy to find out that something I've been doing for the last several months could actually ward off thyroid conditions later.  Check out this article about the health benefits of using ShakeOlogy with a thyroid condition.

*This article is courtesy of suziebiddle.com

*Hypothyroidism & Shakeology

I get asked a lot if Shakeology is okay for someone who has a thyroid disease or how it has benefited me. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism almost 15 years ago and here is what I have learned along the way. Your thyroid plays a part in almost every other system in your body. It is often called the master gland. T3 & T4 are hormones that play a big factor toward your weight. All other bodily systems also affect your thyroid. So, your thyroid can become imbalanced when you are either not producing enough hormone or one of your other body processes has become imbalanced. A really big factor for my thyroid to become swollen and stop working properly i s STRESS.

If you are currently taking prescription medications for hypothyroidism as I am, getting ADDITIONAL support through plants and minerals all found in Shakeology can be an EXCELLENT addition to support your thyroid & body! It could even lead to a decrease in medication. I treated my thyroid with natural supplements for 10 years! However, the stress of my divorce really did it in for my thyroid. My T3 & T4 #’s were off the chart and I got on Synthroid for the first time! I felt good about it, I felt much better but every so often I kept needing to increase my dose. THEN I found Shakeology. I since have not had to increase my dose.

When I started drinking Shakeology I noticed right away an increase in ENERGY and a few months later I noticed my HAIR was healthier and so did my hair dresser! My skin and nails were healthier and stronger. Those are all things we try SO hard to have with hypothyroidism!!! Right? Let’s just say the boost in energy (the healthy way) was the biggest pay off for me and of course my 10 lbs weight loss!

The thyroid gland relies on Iodine and Selenium. 52 mcg of Iodine (as kelp) is found in Shakeology. Shakeology has over 70 of natures ingredients. My younger cousin stopped his thyroid meds all together after drinking Shakeology and exercising!

IS SHAKEOLOGY OK for someone who has a thyroid disease? Asking that question is like asking if eating healthy food is good for your thyroid. YES. You can check out the ingredient label found on my site. To keep a healthy functioning thyroid for me would be to exercise, eat healthy, drink Shakeology every day, do yoga or palates and get a good nights sleep to help reduce stress on my thyroid. If you feel you need to cry LET IT OUT because holding it in causes your thyroid to swell. I tell my husband “I’m being nice to my thyroid” when ever I cry. :)

My 10 year old son was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes almost 3 years ago and was recently diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. We manage it together now. It’s a bittersweet thing. He also drinks Shakeology with me.

If you are thinking of getting Shakeology I would say go now and try it! You have nothing to lose, only to gain! See for yourself if it benefits you and your thyroid. You can get a full refund after 30 days if you’re not satisfied.

To learn more, or try Shakeology for yourself, go to http://www.shakeology.com


No comments:

Post a Comment